As a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) we implemented new procedures to help reduce the spread of the virus and keep a healthy and safe work environment for our members, staff and visitors. However, with the expectations of a “new normal” in workplace health and safety for all shared spaces, these efforts will not stop when restrictions related to COVID-19 are relaxed and we therefore have adopted a range of new policies and procedures, in line with guidance from the World Health Organisation and the UK Government – The following Health and Safety policy will be implemented on an ongoing basis, and will be regularly reviewed to align to the latest guidance.
We are implementing social distancing measures, which aims at keeping a safe distance in the workplace. To help achieve this, we have implemented the following in the shared areas.
- We are limiting the number of chairs on each of our hotdesk workstations to encourage safe distancing between individuals. On the first-floor hotdesk area we have also added tape to visibly mark out divides.
- We have built a new ground floor hotdesking area to further increase the capacity and ability of members to spread out. This will be available for all members to use, although on certain occasions it may be booked for MWS activities such as our lunch and learns.
- (First floor) Where physically able we will create a one-foot divide between desks to create more space between each work station in a bank of desks. We have also stopped use of the end set of desks from the banks lining the walkway. This is to create a barrier between the walkway and person working and allow for distancing between desks
- (Second floor) Where desks are joined together and cannot be separated, we will seek to fill outside desks as a priority
- Clear desk policy – we ask all our members to keep as much as possible a clear desk to allow easier access for cleaning purposes. Please do not be offended if a member of the MWS team asks you to tidy your desk!
Kitchen, Breakout and Toilet areas
- We have introduced a range of additional cleaning and safety measures (highlighted below)
- We also ask all our members and guests to act in a respectful manner towards others in the shared spaces. This includes limiting the number of people in the toilets and kitchen areas to one person at a time. We will consider marking a waiting area if this becomes an issue.
- While the set-up and layout of a private office remain the responsibility of the business lead, MWS is happy to support any health and safety measures where feasible.
- We also ask for a clear desk policy in private offices, again to support cleaning activities
- We have already introduced a range of cleaning measures on top of standard daily cleaning as a result of COVID 19 and they will continue
- We are cleaning and disinfecting high-touch areas twice a day, and then again after the space has closed. These include desks, doorknobs, buttons and switches, and kitchen and bathroom faucets, as well as other areas.
Personal hygiene facilities and member expectations
- We have installed a thermal temperature check camera in the reception for members and guests to quickly take their temperature on arrival at MyWorkSpot. This will help identify that those who enter the building are within the ‘normal’ body temperature range, while those over and above this are politely asked to refrain from entry
- We are providing members with tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.
- Soap is available at all sinks.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed at all major door entrances including ground, first and second-floor doors.
- Disinfectant wipes have been installed for use in ground floor, first floor and second floor areas. Please wipe down your work station before and after use.
- Paper towel outlets have been installed in all kitchen areas
- We will continue to use a shared coffee pot, but on the ground floor only. This will be regularly cleaned, but we ask all members to wash their hands before using it. We also have single-use tea/coffee available on all floors. This advice also applies to kettles on ground, first and second floors.
- We ask that everyone in the space thoroughly washes their hands frequently with warm water for at least 20 seconds and tries to avoid touching their face.
- Please also sneeze into a tissue or your elbow rather than your hand, then dispose of the tissue immediately and wash your hands
- We ask all members and guests to try and limit their use to one glass and mug per day and wash/re-use throughout the day. Once finished with, please place in the nearest dishwasher available on each floor.
Reactions to future COVID-19 cases
- If you do not feel well, whether it be COVID-19 symptoms or others, please do not come into the office for the period deemed safe by the latest UK Government advice. Please let the MWS team know asap of your situation, preferably by email email@example.com
- If a confirmed case of COVID-19 is present in our workspace, or individuals in our workspace have been exposed to a confirmed case, we will notify our cleaning company immediately and perform a full cleaning and disinfection of the coworking space.
- We will also notify members as appropriate as per latest guidance
Reviewed 16 August 2021