As a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) we implemented new procedures to help reduce the spread of the virus and keep a healthy and safe work environment for our members, staff and visitors. However, with the expectations of a “new normal” in workplace health and safety for all shared spaces, these efforts will not stop when restrictions related to COVID-19 are relaxed and we therefore have adopted a range of new policies and procedures, in line with guidance from the World Health Organisation and the UK Government – The following Health and Safety policy will be implemented on an ongoing basis, and will be regularly reviewed to align to the latest guidance.
1. Social Distancing
We are implementing social distancing measures, which aims at keeping a safe distance in the workplace. You will notice the implementation of clear signage and spacing instructions throughout the facility. We have implemented the following actions in the shared areas:
- We have reduced capacity on the first floor and are limiting the amount of chairs on each of our hotdesk work stations to encourage safe distancing between individuals. We have also added tape to visibly mark out divides
- We have built a new ground floor hotdesking area to increase capacity in this area and ability of members to spread out. This is now available for all members to use, although on certain occasions it may be booked for MWS activities such as our lunch and learns.
- ALL hot desk member regardless of membership level must book their desk in advance by the MWS APP on each visit to Clyde House. This help MWS staff manage numbers within the office and to allow members to be sure of a desk.
- (First floor) Where physically able, we have created a one-foot divide between desks to create more space between each work station in a bank of desks. We have also temporarily removed some fixed desks from the floor reducing the capacity and increasing the walkway space..
- (Second floor) – Where desks are joined together and cannot be separated, we will seek fill outside desks as a priority
- Clear desk policy – We ask all our members to keep as much as possible a clear desk to allow easier access for cleaning purposes. Please do not be offended if a member of the MWS team asks you to tidy your desk!
Kitchen, Breakout and Toilet areas
- We have introduced a range of additional cleaning and safety measures (highlighted below)
- We also ask all our members and guests to act in a respectful manner towards others in the shared spaces. This includes limiting the numbers in toilet or kitchen areas to no more than two people in the toilets and one person in either first or second floor kitchen area at a time. Please create a line outside each area if already in use. We have clearly marked signage to help with this.
- While the set-up and layout of a private office remains the responsibility of the business lead, MWS is happy to support any health and safety measures where feasible.
- We also ask for a clear desk policy in private offices, again to support cleaning activities
We have already introduced a range of cleaning measures on top of standard daily cleaning as a result of COVID 19 and they will continue
- We are cleaning high-touch areas twice a day, and then again after the space has closed. These include desks, doorknobs, buttons and switches, and kitchen and bathroom faucets, as well as other areas.
3. Personal hygiene facilities and member expectations
- We have installed a thermal temperature check camera in the reception for members and guests to quickly take their temperature on arrival at MyWorkSpot. This will help identify that those who enter the building are within the ‘normal’ body temperature range, while those over and above this are politely asked to refrain from entry.
- We are providing members with tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.
- Soap is available at all sinks.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed at all major door entrances including ground, first and second floor door.
- Disinfectant wipes have been installed for use in ground floor, first floor and second floor areas for use. Please wipe down your work station before and after use.
- Paper towel outlets have been installed in all kitchen areas
- We will continue to use a shared coffee pot, but on the ground floor only. This will be regularly cleaned, but we ask all members to wash hands before using it. We also have single use tea / coffee available on all floors. This advice also applies to kettles on ground, first and second floors.
- We ask that everyone in the space thoroughly washes their hands frequently with warm water for at least 20 seconds and tries to avoid touching their face.
- Please also sneeze into a tissue or your elbow rather than your hand, then dispose of the tissue immediately and wash your hands
- We ask all members and guests to try and limit their use to one glass and mug per day and wash / re-use throughout the day. Once finished with, please place in the nearest dishwasher available on each floor.
4. Reactions to future COVID-19 cases
- If you do not feed well, whether it be COVID-19 symptoms or others, please do not come into the office for the period deemed safe by the latest UK Government advice. In the circumstances of COVID-19 this is currently 7 days of self-isolation (if you live alone) or 14 days of self-isolation (if you live with someone who has the symptoms of COVID-19 from the day their symptoms first start). Please let the MWS team know asap of your situation, preferably by email email@example.com
- If a confirmed case of COVID-19 is present in our workspace, or individuals in our workspace have been exposed to a confirmed case, we will notify our cleaning company immediately and perform a full cleaning and disinfection of the coworking space.
- We will also notify members as appropriate and per latest guidance
Updated 8th July 2020