“Preparing for GDPR” Breakfast Seminar
Supported by Barclays Bank, LAUDIS Business Advisors, and Trident Assurance Services; MyWorkSpot is hosting a FREE breakfast seminar for Maidenhead businesses on the upcoming GDPR regulations.
Overview – This free seminar gives you:
– an introduction to changes that the new legislation will introduce;
– a general overview of the Data Protection Bill and the GDPR;
– the changes relevant to most organisations;
– an overview of the new principles;
– some of the guidance for implementation from the Information Commissioners Office;
– our own experience of helping organisations implement effective arrangements for compliance.
The Data Protection Bill will replace the Data Protection 1998 Act to provide a comprehensive legal framework for data protection in the UK. It will be supplemented by the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which comes into force on 25th May 2018. While the UK remains a member of the EU, all the rights and obligations of EU membership remain in force (accordingly, GDPR comes into force next May). When the UK leaves the EU, the ‘applied’ GDPR will be incorporated into the UK’s domestic law under the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill, currently before Parliament.
Come along and find out how the new legislation may affect your business. This seminar is delivered by Trident Assurance Ltd.’s senior consultant, Brian Penfold, who is a certified GDPR practitioner with over 30 years’ experience in risk management, safety, compliance and assurance in highly-regulated environments.
– 08:00am – Registration, breakfast and networking
– 08:15am – Presentation from Brian Penfold
– 10:00am – Coffee break
– 10:15am – Q&A
– 10.30am – Close
Please note we have limited number of tickets for this event so please book early via Eventbrite to avoid being disappointed. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
HOW TO RSVP
– There is limited tickets to this event – please RSVP now on eventbrite
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org